The blue city of Chefchaouen | Photos that will make you want to visit


Chefchaouen safely claims the title of my favourite city in the world (that I've had the privilege of visiting). For someone who's been to 30+ countries and 5 continents, that's kind of a big deal. Don't get me wrong, there are many contenders for the spot of my favourite but Chefchaouen does win, and does so by miles.

If you're like me, you must be wondering exactly why this city is painted in various shades of blue and nothing else. There are many theories as to why this must be but my favourite is that the locals painted the town blue to keep mosquitoes away. How genius is that?

I could use this post to write about my Chefchaouen story and give you a play-by-play of what we did there but honestly, we spent most of our time just wandering around getting lost amongst the beautiful blue walls of the tiny town. Chefchaouen really speaks for itself so enough from me, these are my photos from Morocco's famous blue city of Chefchaouen. If you don't wanna visit after seeing these, you must be crazy.

Views of the whole city of Chefchaouen


The scenic walk to our hostel


The door to our hostel
Views from our hostel balcony
Views from our hostel balcony
(Semi) twinning!
Our hostel rooftop

Our hostel suite
When you've shared a cab together for 5 hours, you need some phone time..






One of many stray kittens





















Even their taxis are blue!




















Soaps galore


0 comments:

Post a Comment