Glastonbury 2015


Things have been so crazy lately. 2015 is fast approaching now and I feel like I'm completely unprepared for my exchange. There's so much that I need to organise and prepare that I haven't gotten around to yet, I don't even have my flights booked! It all just feels like it's coming up so fast now and I feel like I don't have time to do anything! I don't have flights, I don't have a visa, I haven't heard back about on-campus accommodation, my mid-year travel plans haven't been confirmed and I have no idea how I'm going to tackle packing for seven months away. I'm in the process of enrolling into my exchange units and have organised everything with my course advisor so at least that's one thing sorted.

On the bright side, we got Glastonbury tickets! We actually got so lucky. The tickets were already sold out when Liv's brother managed to get on the site and snag us some. We're all still not sure how that happened but we're definitely not questioning it. As of right now, I have tickets to a concert and a music festival yet no flights booked... My priorities definitely need evaluating.

I finally got around to telling my kids that I'm going away on exchange for half a year and won't be able to tutor them until I get back. They took the news surprisingly well (probably excited over not having to have me tutor them for half a year) but their mum took the news surprisingly badly... Definitely not how I imagined that situation playing out in my head... I've also told the mortgage broker that has taken me on as a trainee that I'm going away and he's happy to resume my training when I get back so I'm really glad about that.

Unsurprisingly, I've decided to type this post up at 2am on the day of an assignment being due. An assignment I haven't yet started... But really, what else would I be doing right now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment