A Day in Cambridge: Photo Blog

The Backs

I visited Cambridge last weekend on a day trip organised by Warwick's international office. I've been trying to write this post for a while and although I had a great day in Cambridge, I've been struggling to come up with what to write about it.


The highlight of the day for me was when we went punting down The River Cam. This is where we sat in a boat with a chauffer guide standing at the back. He gave us commentary on the sights we were passing while propelling the boat along the river with a long pole. This river runs through the heart of Cambridge so we got views of many of the Cambridge College backs.


Besides that, we spent the majority of the day just wandering around the streets, exploring the gorgeous city and looking at the many churches and colleges. Instead of giving a recap of the day, I thought photos would speak louder than words and have posted a series of photos that I took throughout the day.






 This sweetshop reminded me so much of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory




 This blue door screams 'Notting Hill'

 All Saints Church

 Stained glass window in All Saints Church

 Cheese stall at the market in the city's centre

 Pastry stall at the market in the city's centre


 Iconic red phonebooths


 Punting down the River Cam

Punting down the River Cam

 Punting down the River Cam




All in all, I really enjoyed my day at Cambridge. It's such a beautiful city and we made the most of our day by exploring the whole city by foot. I'm really glad that we decided to go punting, despite one of us being a little hesitant, because that was such a great experience and the highlight of the day. The historic buildings and churches were beautiful and the thought that people are lucky enough to go here for university makes me insanely jealous!

0 comments:

Post a Comment