The Wombats @ O2 Academy Birmingham

The Wombats at The O2 Academy Birmingham

I had a ball the other night when I saw The Wombats live in Birmingham. I bought the tickets to see them back when I was still in Australia and even received the tickets in the mail when I was still back home so I've been looking forward to this gig for ages!


The Wombats were so fun live! Although I haven't been listening to them much (if at all) lately, hearing them perform made me nostalgic and took me back to my high school days when I first became infatuated with them. The venue was smaller than I was expecting it to be so it was nice and pretty intimate. The crowd was what made the gig so good though and the vibe was amazing, although seeing so many 16 year olds at a gig was not something I'm used to (damn all ages shows). I got a good workout jumping along with the rest of the crowd, especially when they started performing some classics and Let's Dance to Joy Division was definitely my favourite live.


It felt so good to be at a gig again because it has been a while since I've been at a show. It's something I used to do quite often back at home so it definitely felt good and I didn't realise how much I missed it until I was there. It wasn't the same without my girls from back home though!


Just thought that I'd do a super short blog post on my night at the The Wombats gig! I'm going to begin posting about my Easter trip in a few days now that my assignment is done and dusted so stay tuned!


0 comments:

Post a Comment